Different Types of US Work Visas and Advantages of getting a TN Visa
What is a U.S. Work Visa?A US work visa allows you to work in the U.S. There are many different kinds of work visas. Some of them are listed below:
- Allows professionals into U.S. labour market
- Allows professionals to work in specialty occupations that require some sort of a degree
- Initial term is up to 3 years
- Can be renewed only up to 3 years to a maximum of six years in the U.S.
- For skilled and un-skilled workers
- Allows a Canadian or Mexican Citizen to work in the U.S.
- Can be renewed indefinitely
- Allows U.S. employers to send employees to the U.S. to a branch, subsidiary, affiliate, parent, etc.
- Can apply for a US Green Card later
What are the advantages of getting a TN visa?
1. Permission to work in the USThe TN visa allows you to work as a professional in the United States job market and work in a professional capacity. This visa allows you to work and not worry about going through a complicated application process.
2. Indefinite RenewalUnlike the H-1B, which has a maximum of 6 years limitation period, the TN visa has no maximum renewal time. The TN visa can be renewed as many times for periods of up to 3 years at a time. This is especially convenient for people who do a lot of business in the United States and those who have more job opportunities available to them in the United States.
3. Rapid Processing TimeUnlike every other application handed into immigration Canada, the TN visa application can be handed in at the border with a decision rendered within the same day. There is no long wait; it’s a black and white application. Whether you qualify or not, it does not waste your time or leaving anything up to chance.
4. Special Status Granted to Dependants, TD StatusDependants of a person applying for the TN visa may apply for a TD status allowing them to accompany the TN visa holder into the United States without having to apply for a visa or go through any long application to be allowed entrance to the US. This is very convenient and it will help keep families together.
5. No Need for a VisaYou are not required to go through the complicated, long consular process to obtain a visa or change your status through the USCIS. All you need to do is make sure you have the proper paperwork, go to any port-of-entry (at sea or land), and ask for TN status. It is as simple as that.
6. Low Application FeeThe applicant only has an estimated $50 application fee if they apply at the border or a $110 application fee if they apply while within the US. Unlike typical visa or work permit applications which can cost up to thousands of dollars. There is a significant difference in the costs incurred when applying for a TN visa in comparison to other applications.
7. No QuotaThis is the most beautiful thing about the TN visa, there is no annual quota of applicants allowed to be granted the TN visa throughout the year. An officer is permitted to allow as many applicants as they would like into the US without worrying about there being a cap on the number of TN visas they can give out. That is only if the applicants are qualified to receive the TN visa.
How Akrami and Associates can help!!If you are unsure what type of visa you require or how to obtain one then don’t worry this is where we come in. Our immigration experts have great deal of experience with filing US visas, if you like to obtain further information on TN visa or any other visa then please do not hesitate to contact us at 416-477-2545 and one of our legal team members will be glad to assist you with your immigration matters. With Akrami & Associates there is always a way!!
Tags: advantages of TN visa, can i bring my spouse under TN visa, Different Types of US Work Visas and Advantages of getting a TN Visa, Do Canadian citizens require a TN visa, how to get a work visa for USA, How to submit a TN application, TN visa application fees, TN visa application requirements, US work visas/TN visa/H1b visa/H2b visa/L1 visa/, what is a H1 b visa, what is a L 1 visa, who needs a TN visa
Trackback from your site.