H1B Visa Tips
1. Know requirementsThe occupations that qualify under this program are usually jobs in the field of Accounting, Finance, banking, IT, Legal, Sales, Teaching, Management, Scientific Research, Medical, Business, Engineering, Recruiting etc. The requirements for H1B visa require the applicant to have one of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree
- Twelve years of work experience
- A mix of work experience and further education
2. FeesThere is a visa application fee of $190 which is non-refundable. Based on the country, applicants might have to pay a visa issuance fee if the visa is approved. However, Canadians do not have to pay a visa issuance fee for a H1B visa.
3. DocumentsBefore the interview it is important to gather all the required documents which include a valid passport, non-immigrant Visa Application, the application fee receipt, receipt number for the approved petition and the photo in case it does not upload online with the form. The passport for the applicant has to be valid for at least 6 months beyond the period of stay requested in the USA. It is also very essential to be honest on the application as any false information can lead to rejection.
4. Process of ApplicationIn order to apply for the visa under this program, the prospective employer is required to first file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The petition has to be approved for in order to apply for the work visa. After the petition is approved by the USCIS the worker can then apply for H1B visa. In order to apply for the visa, complete an online visa application called Online Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160. After filling the form you need to print a copy to take to the interview. You also need to upload a photo of yourself along with the online form. The photo has to meet the photograph requirements as prescribed on the website of US Department of State. The next step is to schedule your interview. Anyone between the age of 14 and 79 usually have to attend an interview. The appointments for the interview are scheduled at the US embassy or consulate in the country where the application is being sent from. The wait times for the interview appointments depend on visa category, location and season. A consular officer determines during the interview whether an individual should be granted a visa and if yes then which type. The onus is on the applicants to show they qualify to receive the visa. If you require further information on H1B visa or any other immigration issue, feel free to contact us at Akrami & Associates and we can help you in your immigration matter.
Trackback from your site.